Sunday, May 6, 2018
Food for Thought - A Good Read
I wanted to share a recent article in the New York Times, "The Historians vs The Genealogists" by John Sedgwick, who is a historian. I was trained in the social sciences so I know that my genealogy work is influenced by my background, particularly in psychology, sociology and education. I think that's one of the greatest benefits of genealogy as a second career; your past influences your analysis of your present research. Collaborating with others makes the analysis even more powerful, especially if the background of the collaborators is diverse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I’m Heading Across the Pond Virtually! All About That Place 2026
I’m delighted to share that I’ll be taking part in an international genealogy event this October with the Society of Genealogists’ Al...
-
AI Image If you build enough family trees, you start to notice patterns that don’t show up in history textbooks. Clusters of deaths. ...
-
Available at Genealogical.com Today’s blog is a book review of Ultimate Guide to Mastering FamilySearch by Dana Ann Palmer. Long-tim...
-
How a quiet English lineage turned into a political scandal and what it taught me about truth, technology, and trust. AI Image I use AI al...

No comments:
Post a Comment