Sunday, February 21, 2016

Family Reunion Episode on Finding Your Roots - A Must See!

Had an interesting week!  Attended two days of an awesome presentation at my schools called Challenge Day which challenges youth and adults to "be the change" in their communities.  It was physically and emotionally exhausting but in a good way. Instead of watching this week's episode of Finding Your Roots on PBS, I took a webinar offered by the Board of Certified Genealogists which was really interesting and I thought, more beneficial to me as I work in completing my portfolio for submission.
I caught up viewing the Finding Your Roots episode yesterday and want to encourage you to view it if you haven't already done so.
First, I must admit, I wasn't wild about the artists portrayed.  I'm not a rapper fan so LL Cool J and Sean Puffy Combs don't interest me.  Wow, was I surprised!  I seriously think this episode was THE BEST of all of the genealogical shows ever done.
No spoilers here - just watch it if you haven't seen it.  I loved the use of dna, I loved the wrong initial lines they followed, I just absolutely adored the twists and turns with both artists.  Kudos to how they maturely handled sensitive topics that were uncovered. These two men have the right attitude!  If you'd like to view it click here and enjoy!  Do it soon as the next episode will be available beginning Wednesday so you may not be able to access this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printing Your Family Tree From a Genealogy Subscription Site

 I received a great question from reader Molly a few weeks ago that I think many of you might benefit from. Are you frustrated with the cos...