Thursday, February 18, 2016

Unique Picture Find To Try!

Ever long for a picture of your great great grandparents?  You've dug through your grandparents attic, asked your great aunts and uncles, scowered the internet and came up with nothing!  Frustrating, certainly, but where there's a will, there's a way.
I was able to find a picture this week by simply contacting the church that was named in the ancestor's obituary and asking if they had a record of her.  Within 3 days I had received a note from the pastor who had asked the church historian to scan a copy of the couple's church registration card and several group photos for church organizations the wife had been a member of.  How cool is that!
I had the obituary for some time and just rereading it sent off a light bulb to see if the church where she was a member for 60 years was still in existence.  I wasn't counting on a response, as you know from previous blogs, I've been unsuccessful before with obtaining church records but this time was different.
Now that I know what she looks like I'm looking through old family photos that I have with many unidentified people as I suspect she is in there.  That may lead me to a picture of her husband who was camera shy at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scan and Share

  AI Generated Recently I helped a community member scan old photos from the late 1800s to the 1950s, along with some school records, a...