Sunday, January 3, 2016

Genealogical Resolutions

Exercise, eat healthier, lose weight - nope, not for me!  The time has come to resolve for 2016, that I will
  • diligently work on completing my Board of Certification of Genealogy portfolio and submit it before my deadline of October 24th.
  • in my free time (yeah, right) start downloading all of the scans I have placed on Ancestry.com so when I can no longer afford a subscription I won't have lost anything.  I foolishly saved everything to Ancestry without downloading a copy to my overworked laptop.  
  • continue blogging twice a week.
  • plan my upcoming midwest research trip and find things that will interest hubby while I'm researching.
  • really, truly set up an office that is functional.  I'll be reclaiming the dining room table in the interim now that the holidays are over.
  • reread the genealogical bibles - the Genealogy Standards, Evidence Explained, BCG Skillbuilders, etc, to refresh the unfreshed mind.  
  • fix my old citations in my family tree as they really were poorly done back in the day.
  • work on completing my e-book, Thanks to the Yanks. (Since part of this is included in my certification portfolio I'll be unable to publish until after the process is completed but I can continue to work on it since I've changed directions from when I started)
  • continue taking webinars to refine my craft and
  • looking forward to attending conferences, especially the National Genealogy Conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in May!  Email me through my website if you plan on attending, too! (www.genealogyatheart.com)
HAPPY NEW YEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Million Names Enslaved Project

AI Generated Do you have enslaved or enslavers in your family tree? If so, your research is needed in support of the 10 Million Names Proje...