Saturday, September 28, 2019

Promethease - Limited Time Offer

Ahhh, the constantly changing world of genealogy changes!  If you've been thinking about uploading your DNA results to Promethease you need to get a move on it.  Recently, MyHeritage announced that they were acquiring Promethease and after the end of this year, the site will no longer be free.  Anyone who had an account with Promethease will continue to have it unless you opt out.  If you are living in Europe, you must do so by November 1st - click here for that link.  If you'd like to read the full story, check out MyHeritage's blog article.

If you aren't sure what Promethease is - I found the best definition from Google that explains "Promethease is a computer program developed by the SNPedia team which allows users to compare personal genomics results against the SNPedia database, generating a report with information about a person's attributes, such as propensity to diseases, based on the presence of specific single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)."

I have used it and discussed the results with my physician and have compared my close family's DNA results.  Although Promethease has been free for awhile, I had to pay a nominal fee, I think it was a few dollars, back in the day when I first did it.  I intend to go back on the site and update my results to see if there is any new developments.  Since I'm a member of MyHeritage I will still have access but my family is not so I want to be able to get them an updated report.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printing Your Family Tree From a Genealogy Subscription Site

 I received a great question from reader Molly a few weeks ago that I think many of you might benefit from. Are you frustrated with the cos...