Thursday, February 9, 2017
Listening While You Research
My hubby found a really interesting link a few weeks ago and I just had to share it. Did you know that you can listen to a radio station from your computer? Simply visit Radio Garden and you'll be live streaming radio stations anywhere in the world.
If you're thinking this has nothing to do with genealogy, think again.
I tried it while doing some research to gain a better sense of the community. I clicked on the locale from the map (any of the green dots) and was soon hearing WVLP-Valparaiso, Indiana. Sure the area has changed since the time when the person I was researching lived there but Valpo remains an agriculture center which it was in the 1920's. Sometimes, the more things change the more they remain the same!
Next time you need a little background noise give it a try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I’m Heading Across the Pond Virtually! All About That Place 2026
I’m delighted to share that I’ll be taking part in an international genealogy event this October with the Society of Genealogists’ Al...
-
AI Image If you build enough family trees, you start to notice patterns that don’t show up in history textbooks. Clusters of deaths. ...
-
How a quiet English lineage turned into a political scandal and what it taught me about truth, technology, and trust. AI Image I use AI al...
-
Available at Genealogical.com Today’s blog is a book review of Ultimate Guide to Mastering FamilySearch by Dana Ann Palmer. Long-tim...

No comments:
Post a Comment