Sunday, February 14, 2016

Ancestry.com 30% Discount

Did you know if you are an AARP member you can receive a 30% discount on your Ancestry.com membership?  That's a huge savings!
Last fall I received an over sized postcard in the mail from Ancestry.com informing me about the discount.  I'm up for renewal soon so I called to have the offer applied.  All I needed was my AARP number which, of course, I didn't have in front of me.  The Ancestry Customer Service Rep recommended I call back a day or two before the expiration of my current account so that I could take full advantage of the offer as it is applied immediately to the day you call.  I won't work if you call AFTER the renewal date.  The offer is one time only and is applied as two six month concurrent memberships.  Works for me!
Since this is a sizable savings for my most expensive genealogy membership I began looking around at my other organizations to see if they offered Ancestry.com discounts - checked Association of Professional Genealogists, National Genealogical Society, New England Historic and Genealogical Society, Florida State Genealogical Society, National Education Association and even Angie's List. No one else had an offer.  Usually when Ancestry runs a special it's not applicable to current members so I was really pleased to be able to take advantage of the AARP offer.  If you didn't get the post card and you are an AARP member, call Ancestry.com when you receive your renewal email and tell them that you'd like the discount applied.  All you need is your AARP number.  Love those Senior Citizen privileges.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cemetery Weather

  AI Generated Spring has sprung in the Midwest and last Saturday was the first cemetery walk of the year. The old cemetery in a small ...