Saturday, March 24, 2018

Brit Speak


My DNA results showed I have much more Brit in me than I ever thought.  If you, too, had this finding and were surprised by your results, you might want to have fun with this BBC "quiz" Do You Have a Secret British Accent?

Apparently, mine is East Midlands.  I don't know if that's because I spent my youth in the northern U.S and the rest of my life in the south resulting in a blended accent.  In my travels, people can never identify where I originate.  Or, perhaps, I'm harboring deep down ancestral roots from the East Midlands where my family did originate in the Leicester region in the 1600's. 

Blimey, this is ace barmy! (Translation:  Wow, this is amazing crazy!)  So give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cemetery Weather

  AI Generated Spring has sprung in the Midwest and last Saturday was the first cemetery walk of the year. The old cemetery in a small ...