Saturday, January 27, 2018

Awesome Genealogy Resources I've Recently Discovered

Brrr, it's been freezing in Florida!  I'm spending most of my free time curled up on the sofa in front of a fire with a cup of cocoa and my laptop and Kindle catching up on reading I put off during the holidays.  I want to share some of my amazing finds that could benefit your research:

Do You Understand Family Relationships?  Trying to explain to a non-genealogist how someone is related can be difficult.  I've discovered a wonderful pdf and a fantastic article recently published by Genealogy in Time.  Check out The Key To Understanding Family Relationships and become an expert!

Burned courthouses, wars and vermin aren't, unfortunately, a thing of the past that impedes our needed record research.  What Would You Take?, an article on Genealogy Bank, focuses on the sometimes split second decision of what to do about your research when disaster is only minutes away.  We don't like to think about it, but this article is a must read for everyone.

So, your DNA results are being returned and your family is scratching their heads in confusion.  Maybe this article will help - How DNA Testing Botched My Family's Heritage that I found on Gizmodo is thought provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printing Your Family Tree From a Genealogy Subscription Site

 I received a great question from reader Molly a few weeks ago that I think many of you might benefit from. Are you frustrated with the cos...