Thursday, July 28, 2016

Lighting A Fire

A former client informed me today that she thought about me all night long.  I could be flattered by that but the reason why was unsettling.  It's summer in Florida and during this time we experience torrential storms.  Last evening was over the top with lightning and thunder and subsequently, one of my client's neighbors home was hit and caught fire.  Thankfully, the fire department was able to extinguish the flames but the home sustained much damage.
Why my client thought of me at that time was due to my insistence a few months ago that her family documents be scanned and saved in several places.  She never got around to it.  Typical excuses - work, family, vacation, and it's not fun to scan.  I'm not saying that those excuses aren't valid but last evening she realized how quickly everything can be instantly destroyed.
First thing this morning she contacted me asking for help in cataloguing and scanning her documents and photos.
Please, readers, no more excuses!  Make the time now to save these valuable heirlooms today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cemetery Weather

  AI Generated Spring has sprung in the Midwest and last Saturday was the first cemetery walk of the year. The old cemetery in a small ...